I thought I'd share a few more things I read at the coffee themed Ladies' Retreat.
10 Uses for coffee grounds
1. deodorizer- dry them out, then put them in a bowl in your fridge or freezer or rub them on your hands to get rid of food prep smells
2. plant food- for rosebushes, azaleas, evergreens, camellias
3. insect repellant- sprinkle old grounds where you don't want ants or even on the ant piles
4. dye- steep grounds in hot water, then you have brown dye for fabric, paper or even Easter eggs
5. furniture scratch cover up- steep grounds and apply a bit of the liquid to scratches with a q-tip
6. cleaning product- great for scouring greasy and grimy stain-resistant objects
7. kitty repellent- sprinkle mixed with orange peels around your plants to prevent kitty powder rooms
8. flea dip- follow up doggie's shampoo with a coffee ground rub down
9. dust inhibitor- before you clean the fireplace, toss in wet coffee grounds over the ashes to keep dust under control
10. cellulite reducer- Yes, that's right! Mix 1/4 cup warm, used grounds and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Rub on then wrap with shrink wrap, leaving on for several minutes. Unwind and rinse off. For best results, do this twice a week. I may need to give this one a try. Too bad I don't drink coffee.
Cowboy coffee? It's said they made their coffee by putting grounds into a clean sock and immersing it in cold water, then heated over the campfire. Hmm, were those socks REALLY clean?
Tips for handling your "cup"
1. Don't drain your cup dry (exhaustion)
Psalm 37:7- Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him...
2. Don't get it too hot (temper)
Ephesians 4:31- Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you with all malice.
3. Don't let it get too cold (indifference)
Revelation 3:15- I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot; I would that thou wert cold or not.
4. Don't let it get too strong (overwhelmed)
Psalm 61:2- From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed. Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
5. Don't let it be too weak (fatigue)
II Thesalonians 3:13- But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing.