Sunday, January 25, 2009
Friday, January 23, 2009
But, since she can give herself a new blog makeover any time, the REAL winner is
Lindsey at "The World Should be Moisturized"!
Congrats! I'll email you with Casey's contact info to get you rolling on a fabulous new background and header.
For those who didn't win, check out Blue Star Blogs. I'm sure Casey will give you a great deal on any fancy blog things you "need".
Thursday, January 22, 2009
The rules are as follows:
1) Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
2) Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with "Honest Scrap." Well, there's no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
3) List at least 10 honest things about yourself.
And the 10 things you always wanted to know are...
1. I procrastinate a lot. Like right now, I should be doing chores and laudry, preparing for our trip, but I'm here. Yup.
2. I enjoy math. Go ahead and say it, I am a nerd. When I was in elementary/middle school, I would make up math tests to take. When I took my teaching exam, I was bored and falling asleep until I got to the math part. Woohoo!
3. We're finally going to church again as a family. I love it! I'm cautious to say how much I enjoy going, just in case something happens to change that.
4. I'm not happy that Obama is our President. I think he was elected because of his race more than his merit. I hate the hype around him. I really hate that things like Ike recovery has been ignored in place of stupid stories about Obama. Do we really care that he's getting his kids a puppy? Does it have to make front page news? He wasn't even elected yet, and there was a children's book out. Ok, I'm going to stop as this could take the entire post. I think you get the idea. I will pray for wisdom and guidance for President Obama. God is still in control!
5. Naptime and bedtime are my favorite times of day, when all is quiet.
6. I want to lose about 10 pounds. I want a smokin hot body. But, I really like eating and I don't like exercise. I guess my chocolate stash isn't helping this process.
7. I was a VERY sheltered child. It used to bother me. Now, as a parent, I totally understand why Mom said "no" to so many things (and yes, I say "no" to many of the same things for the same reasons). My husand can't believe some of the things I wasn't allowed to do. Let's see, rated R movies at 17, and even then it was questionable. I wasn't allowed to read Judy Blume books. Tv shows, oh man, no Full House, Punky Brewster, Simpsons, Smurfs... I started public school in 8th grade and was humilated MANY times because I wore dresses and anything else kids can possibly make fun of. I was only allowed to listen to Christian music and Oldies (like 50s and 60s). I didn't have a tv in my room until I was out of high school, and I had to buy it from my dad. And Casey thinks she had it bad- hah!
8. I'm proud of my parents. They've been married almost 33 years. They still love each other and enjoy each other. I have never seen them argue. They are a great example for me. They are fabulous grandparents and love to get down to play with my kids.
9. I love my sister, though I want to smack her upside the head most of the time. The older she gets, the more I like her. I bet when she eventually has kids, we'll even be friends.
10. I want to be a better wife and mother. I want to find the joy in every moment of my life, even the trying ones. I want to create a fun home, full of creativity and life. But, I want it to be clean too.
A blog I spent 4 hours reading last night, through tears and laughter, leaving me inspired- NieNie
People I want to be like and be IRL friends with- Brittney
People I want to know better- Kheli
People who's answers I look forward to reading- Erica, Lindsey
People who need to update- Bryan, Pam
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
So, here it is. For the winner of the drawing, my sister, Casey, has agreed to make a custom header and background for your blog! She'll make other parts too, but you can pay her for those :) You can choose a free digital scrapbook kit, or purchase one to use for the design, with or without pictures. Check out some of her examples here- Blue Star Blogs. Of course, she also made mine :)
Here's how to enter. You get one entry for each task
- leave a comment
- add me to you blog list
- become a follower of my blog
- link to me in a post on your blog
Make sure to leave a comment letting me know what you've done :)
Entries will end Thursday at midnight. I'll draw a name Friday and get you in contact with Casey to work out details.
Monday, January 19, 2009
Ok, as I ramble from not getting a good night sleep, here's my purpose. How the heck do I get her to stay in her bed?! I am sleeping when she comes in our room, and I wake up later to find her there.
**Update- Last night, she stayed in her bed all night! After story, I talked to her about staying in there. If she has a bad dream and wakes up, she should think "It was just a dream. I'm safe. Mommy and Daddy are downstairs and won't let anything happen to me." I guess our chat worked, at least for now.
Friday, January 16, 2009
**Pause the music player on the side first**
Here are a couple of "still" shots of Jacob signing "I love you". He'll stand on the couch and holler "Lu ooo" to Kevin in the kitchen. Most of the time he says and signs it back to Beth, if he's not too busy.
I'm so grateful to Signing Time for helping me teach my kiddos how to communicate easier! Today, I got a "sale" email from them. As soon as Jacob saw the logo, he started saying and signing the theme song from Baby Signing Time. How precious!
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Of course, we ended the day his favorite way- a bath and a story before bed.
I really enjoyed getting to spend one on one time with him, hearing his laugh, listening to him chatter (understanding most of it), and snuggling tight. He did ask for "Be" quite a few times but eventually answered himself "Gaga, Pa, Maw".
Monday, January 12, 2009
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Now, here's the fun part. Coming VERY soon, for my 100th post, I get to give away a custom photo header from my sister. Lucky you. Details will be coming in a few posts.
Friday, January 9, 2009
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
One of my goals/resolutions for this year is to take photography classes so I can become a better photograher.