Thursday, May 5, 2011

Dallas Aquarium








Sorry, I hadn't realized it's been so long since my last post. Oops!


Last month, Jacob and I got to join Beth for a field trip to the Dallas Children's Aquarium. Fair Park in Dallas is where there hold the Texas State Fair, but also an essential museum district. Man, I want to go back to check out some of the other museums over there.



The museum was just right to look at all the animals fairly quickly. However, there were a few other schools at the same time. Our group was 1st-6th grades, about 40 kids. The favorite part of the museum was the Stingray Touch Tank. Oh, every single kid could have stayed there all afternoon! Beth kept her hand in the water until a stingray came close. Eventually, I convinced her to touch one, and it wasn't so bad.



One of the things I love about Beth's school is that little siblings can be included in field trips and school activities! I wouldn't normally get to enjoy those moments with Beth if Jacob didn't come along.



There was a spot around the tank that had higher standing places and lower "ocean floor", increasing the chance of touching one. While Jacob and his little buddy Levi were busy playing in the water, a stingray swam by, brushing his hand. He was thrilled that he touched one!


We ended the trip with a picnic on the lawn and then home for a nap. What a fun day!

No comments :