Friday, August 8, 2008

Guilty Pleasures

Ok, so I got the idea from my sis to post those things I allow myself to indulge in. It's not much, but it brightens my days.

1) I always have a secret stash of chocolate, that is only for me. I refuse to take it out of its hiding place when anyone else is around. I just finished my current stash yesterday. Maybe this is why I can't manage to lose the rest of the remaining baby weight.

2) Pogo.com- I subscribe to play games online. I know there are tons of free sites, but I really like this one. They issue weekly challenges, and I'll spend hours playing games I don't even like just to get the little badge. I have never won an actual prize, though they have great ones.

3) Blog-stalking. I'll read blogs, find other ones, and on and on and not know where I found the one I started with. I wonder if anyone lands on mine like that?

4) Ok, so internet in general. I prefer to spend the kiddos entire nap time online, wasting my time doing nothing productive. It's fabulous!

5) Target. Ahhhh! I can go in with a list and come out with something extra every time. I love that it only takes about 10 minutes to get to Target, and 5 minutes of that is getting kids in the car.

6) Going anywhere by myself- the store, the post office, the dentist, the bathroom... It's such a rare occasion that I treasure and savor it.

7) Appetizers for dinner. Kevin hates when I do this, he thinks it makes him look cheap. Not hardly since sometimes appetizers can run the same as a dinner. I especially love the places where you can get a variety- like Chilis. Hmm, I'm thinking I need Chilis this weekend :)

8) Magazines. I don't get the time to read books, but I can read snippets of magazines throughout the day. I have subscriptions to 5 magazine. Occasionally, I'll super indulge and buy something intelligent like People or US Weekly.

9) 8:05pm- Both kids have been put to bed, Kevin is usually doing someting on the computer, and I just take a moment to sit quietly. I might turn on the tv, I might grab a magazine, I might do nothing. The rocking chairs on the porch are a great place to sit.

10) DVR- I can't live without it. Goodness knows I can't watch my shows when the kids are up. One, they make too much noise, and two, my 4yo listens and asks lots of questions. What do I find valuable to dvr? Grey's, Desperate Housewives, CSI (all of them), Brothers and Sisters, ER, Jon and Kate plus 8. Now that it's the off season, I've gotten into Secret Lives of the American Teenager and Army Wives.

Before I had kids, before we moved so far from my parents/babysitters, I had so many more indulgences. Oh well, it's worth it. I wouldn't trade my adventures for those few indulgences, most days anyway.

No comments :