Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Family Pictures

While we were visiting my parents for Thanksgiving, I had my mom take some family pictures for us. After all, it had been nearly a year and a half since the last set. I had coordinated all our outfits (originally planned a sweater for myself) only to be melting in 80* temps that day. Don't get me wrong, I love Texas weather, but "fall" pictures can be a bit confusing. Back to the pictures. Why is it that with about 30 pictures taken, only 1 comes out right? With just 4 in our family, it was hard enough to find one where everyone was smiling, no one was squinting or making weird faces (Jacob!), hoping for no sweat spots and, of course, the picture where I looked the skinniest :) Then, there's the fact that the day before we drove down, Jacob went face first into the corner of a cabinet door, leaving a nice big scratch on his face. Sigh.
Well, with the reality of picture taking, I'm glad to say we have a good family picture, worthy of mailing out in a Christmas card, thanks to a little help from photoshop. Oh, the above picture is my favorite of the rejects. Certainly you didn't think I'd reveal the good picture yet, did you? :)

2 comments :

vinceandautumn said...

Aww I just love this one! I cant wait to see the one you chose! Hope you all are doing well!

jamielblev said...

Love it!!!!