Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween 2010

So, yup, about time I got around to posting again. All this eating bon-bons and watching soap operas gets in the way of my blogging time, you know.

We've just come off a crazy, busy weekend. But, it was a good one. I'll post about it a bit scattered, but knowing the folks that read this are mostly family, I'm betting I'll be forgiven. With Halloween falling on a Sunday this year, Saturday meant candy time at our church's Trunk or Treat/ Fall Festival event. We had lots of participation from church members hosting games and trunks. There were TONS of people from the community out to enjoy it. Woohoo! The kids had a blast playing games and getting candy. Jacob only wanted suckers and would put back candy or give it to Beth if it wasn't what he wanted. He even turned down chocolate! Eventually, he was okay with tootsie rolls and smarties as alternatives. Beth loved checking out all her friends' costumes and playing the games. Kevin and I had been asked to organize the event (you know that really means me), so my pictures from the festival are a bit lacking. Kevin was busy in charge of our game booth, and I walked the kids around while distributing more candy to the trunk hosts. It was a fun night, and the kids came home with plenty of candy. I've stashed the really good stuff in the guest room :)
So, here we are, in our costume finery:
Buzz Lightyear- Are you really surprised?
A pig in a blanket- Her original plan was Jessie from Toy Story, but we couldn't find a costume. After some online searching, she really liked this idea (but refused a tail or nose).
Super Mom- complete with a glittery cape and pearls. I opted to not wear heels given that I'd be running around for about 4 hours.

No comments :