Friday, April 24, 2009

Rainy Day Fun

Last week, a big rain storm dumped LOTS of rain over our area. What's a mommy to do? Build a tent! Beth was trying to build one out of a lap blanket, so I pulled out all the stops. I got sheets and chairs and clothes pins. I built them a tent that they played in all day. What fun! I can recall many a day as a kid (not all rainy days, I'm sure), that I would entertain myself by building a tent, some complete with different rooms. Then I would play and read and play inside them for hours.
It was great to keep the tv turned off (except to find out why the sirens were going off to seek shelter- only hail, no tornado, thank goodness) for the day, watch the rain out the windows and see the kids just be kids.

4 comments :

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

Ah, then tents. Always a good time.

yaya said...

you did build some marvelous tents. and they did keep you entertained...and you would impress your little sister with your contruction abilities. She would have a hard time waiting until you were finished...then she would dash in...what fun. Do we have any pictures from those tent days?

J.J. said...

How fun. Man kids love those tents!

Laura said...

Mom, I couldn't find any pics of tent in my albums. But, it was fun flipping through them last night.