Saturday, May 9, 2009

Crazy Eights

So, this has been going around, and I thought why not jump on that bandwagon. But, the nerd I am, I need to do 8 lists of 8 (8 squared).


8 Things I look forward to
1. visiting my family and "home" in June
2. nap/bed time for the kids
3. learning how to really use my camera
4. catching up all my scrapbooks
5. our 10th anniversary cruise/trip (next year)
6. going to the pool this summer
7. Christmas
8. going to church, where my kids are loved and I feel welcome, not to mention getting to learn more about my amazing God


8 Things I love
1. my children
2. my husband
3. the rest of my family
4. reading, when I get a chance
5. scrapbooking, when I get a chance
6. my church
7. taking pictures with my fancy camera
8. Texas "spring" weather- sunny, light breeze, 70s or 80s temp- we only get this about 2 weeks a year


8 Shows I watch
1. CSI- all of them
2. Desperate Housewives
3. Grey's Anatomy
4. Biggest Loser
5. Private Practice
6. Army Wives
7. ER (though now it's over)
8. Brothers and Sisters- but I've about had enough


8 Things I did today

1. went to mother/daughter brunch
2. went to Walmart and Target
3. dealt with meltdowns
4. played outside with the kids
5. watched Kevin mow the yard :)
6. changed diapers
7. laundry
8. picked up other people's messes



8 Things that get on my nerves

1. my sister
2. misbehaving children (mine or not)
3. bad manners
4. women who don't dress their size or age
5. bad spelling and grammar (though I'm not perfect)
6. grown adults who only seem to talk about getting/being drunk
7. Houston traffic
8. when Kevin leaves gum trash in the candy bowl



8 Favorite Books
1. anything by Mary Higgins Clark
2. The Shack by Wm. Paul Young
3. Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay
4. Agatha Christie's Sleeping Murder
5. Goodnight Nobody by Jennifer Weiner
6. Among the Hidden series- it's a young adult set (my students and I loved them)
7. The Uglies series- another young adult set
8. Holes (yes, I read the book before the movie came out)



Nevermind. I only got 6 lists. My brain hurts. Your turn!

3 comments :

jamielblev said...

How in the world do you not have the Twilight series on your book list???????? What is wrong with you???? ;-)

Life with the LaBlue's said...

Three things:
1. Wal-Mart and Target in one day?? HOLY COW. That would be an amazing accomplishment for me.
2. The "gum trash" left by Kevin--please tell me the wrapper doesn't have the chewed gum in it. Gross!!
3. You seem to be a little harsh on your sister!!!!! I don't want Kevin to EVER get his own blog. HA!!

By the way, I love your new layout. VERY cute!!!!

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

Thanks kelli! You are so right!