Monday, May 25, 2009

Randomness

So, I've been busy and not posting lately. Can you imagine, a stay at home mom, busy? And you just thought I sat around eating diet bon-bons! My precious friend Jeri does these random posts of 5 random thoughts in her head. I thought I'd give it a try.


1. Why do my inner thighs hurt after painting Beth's room? And why are my arms not sore? Maybe going up and down the ladder- which looks like a 90s paint splatter shirt after being used to paint every room ever painted in our homes over the last 9 years. See, my thoughts are totally going random here.


2. Who writes those stupid exercise commercials "in only 20 minutes a day"? Ok, let's think about this. 5 minutes to get dressed, 5 minutes to get set up, 20 minutes to to the dvd or whatever, 30 minutes for a shower and getting dressed again. That's an hour! Do you know how hard it is to find that hour of time in a day? Sure, my kids nap, but I also have to use that nap time for my quiet Bible study time, chores, phone calls that can't be made with noisy children in the room, picking up the morning round of toys... You get the idea. Anyway, point is, it's not just a simple 20 minute time slot!


3. Am I wrong to declare I don't actually like eating M&Ms? Don't get me wrong, I'll eat them. But, if I'm going to pick a chocolate treat, I don't even consider them. I prefer dark choc Milky Way, or Caramello, or Turtles, or chocolate covered cherries. Gee, I could really go for some chocolate right now.


4. If I had more than 24 hours in a day, would it be enough? I swear I make a list every day of the things I need to accomplish- events, errands, chores, various at-home tasks that I tend to forget. Really, I do make the list. I'm that anal-retentive organized. Then, inevitably, something doesn't get done. I don't know if I need an extra hour. I don't know if I need better time management. Oh, who cares! I can add it to tomorrow's list!


5. How does one little girl manage to go through so many outfits a day, some matching, some not. Then, what ends up in the laundry is the non-matching stuff, rendering the correct outfits useless for at least a week or so until all matching pieces have been worn, washed and make it back into the drawer/closet at the same time. So, um, I know we're halfway through May, but I'm finally getting around to these pics requested in early April. Sorry.

Beth showing off her birthday outfits from Aunt Casey. And then one of her dresses that Yaya sent, with a matching dress for the doll (which has also been worn by the duck, a bear and I think a puppy. She'd probably put it on her brother, too, if it fit.)

4 comments :

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

Thanks for the pics. I love that she loves clothes.

M&Ms are about all the chocolate I can handle. Thinking about the other stuff makes my teeth hurt!

Oh yes, and if you have to get dressed and take a shower anyway, can you really put that time with your workout? The set-up time I will give you, but the shower- well, I hope you do that every day. :)

Lindsey said...

Love the dress with the matching dolly outfit! So cute!

J.J. said...

OK...that is too funny about the inner thighs hurting after painting beth's room. That should be a workout.

I agree....20 minutes my tail...and that is if you don't have kids. :)

Nice list!

yaya said...

i love the random comment idea.
just gettin it out there and sharing. Thanks for sharing.
JUST DO IT. I promise you will make the time for what is most important.