While "vacationing" at my parents, I've seen some interesting things, so I thought I'd make it my randomness this week.
1. How can people get into an accident on the freeway? I mean, isn't everyone going the same direction, at about the same speed? So, then, why did I see two cars that managed to be turned sideways, t-boned by yet another car? Yup, still haven't figured that out.
2. How can someone surf while smoking? Yup, saw that at the beach today. The guy also had a mullet hair-do, so it's not like he was making great choices :)
3. Why are there still blue Fema tarps on roofs, 10 months after hurricane Ike? Why hasn't Ike devestation and recovery gotten the media coverage it deserves? It just really saddens me that people still haven't gotten contractors to get roofs and homes repaired. Things have changed on the coast. Major landmarks have been forever altered- the 61st street McD was buldozed, among other places. SOOO many trees and plants never blosomed/bloomed. Usually, driving into Glaveston, there are beautiful oleander bushes, but not this time. I didn't drive around anymore.
4. Did you know that when a little boy eats a rock, he walks funny until he gets rid of it? Trust me on this one. Poor guy. I'd like to think he won't eat another rock, but I'm not counting on it.
5. Why is it okay to advertise, with large pictures, in store windows where people of all ages and both genders pass, gorgeous models in skimpy bras and panties? Isn't this essentially porn in any other media outlet? And yet, people turn the other cheek in the name of "advertising. What a shame!