Friday, June 5, 2009

Randomness, part 2

So, here I am again, with random thoughts in my head. Sometimes, more than one of these a day. Scary!

1. Am I wrong to be annoyed by whistling? I have always disliked whistling. Beth has learned how to whistle. This week, she's been whistling almost more than talking. That's ALOT. I want desperately to make her stop. But, I have to be a good mommy, encouraging her, telling her she's getting better and louder. And, maybe, just maybe, one day she can whistle like Yaya. Yaya has one of those whistles I could hear 5 houses away when I was playing, the whistle that told me "get home now, or else." I can't whistle, though Beth has tried to teach me. Maybe that's why I'm so annoyed.

2. How can potty humor be such a boy thing from so early? Jacob will toot/fart then tell me "poopoo". I ask if he's poopoo or just rooty-tooty. Then he'll say "tooty" and cover his mouth while laughing. Geez!

3. Can I buy a filter for my brain? I've realized lately that my mouth says or my fingers type things in my head, without really thinking through the words. I know it doesn't always come out the way it should. I'm working on it, though. If I've offended you along the way, I'm very sorry.

4. Why, the older I get, does my birthday turn into just another day, full of the same usual tasks, and it totally doesn't bother me? Birthdays used to be the best thing ever. Now, not so much. Not that I dread it, just don't really get worked up. The gifts are fabulous! Having someone else cook and clean is fantastic! Still, that's about all I need. This year, we have a day of church activities to attend, and I'm perfectly content. Life is good.

5. Why do my children wake up as soon as the sun is peeking over the horizon? Why can't I get to bed early enough to get enough sleep that their waking up early doesn't phase me? I'll get it figured out. Probably just in time for them to start sleeping late. :)

6 comments :

Unknown said...

Saying 'tooty' is funny!

yaya said...

it's just a phase, Beth will move on to other things....trust me

yaya said...

as for Jacob,,,,,it progresses

Unknown said...

Wait until I teach him about 'hey, pull my finger". :}

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

I think Mom traumatized us with the whistling. Totally not our fault. Or perhaps you have a deep seeded issue with being unable to do it. I suggest therapy.

J.J. said...

I love randomness :)

I hear you with the crack of dawn getting up business. H says stuff like "It's light outside...you are supposed to get up"....I don't know who taught him that. :)

I have an award for you over on my blog.