Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Thanks, honey!

Christmas 1999

We met in college. He said he saw me across the bar- I don't know how, it was crowded. We talked at a party that same night. Actually, he talked, and talked, and talked. Hard to believe, isn't it? After I left, he gave his number to the hostess, who had a class with me. About a week later, I found the number in my backpack and called out of boredom. He was making his dinner when I called- corn dogs and tater tots. I didn't give him my number. He thought I was playing girl-games with him, but I just wasn't sure about him yet. I called him a week later, and felt safe enough to go out on a date, July 4. He showed up on time and opened the car door- he was earning major points. We saw Armageddon (the song from that movie, but Mark Chesnut's version, was our first dance at our wedding). We were pretty much smitten after that, or at least I was. One day at his apartment, we were watching a movie- 101 Dalmatians, I think,- and my heart fluttered when he asked if he could hold my hand. It wasn't long after that, I knew he was the one for me. He charmed my mom (still does) and was (is) so much like my dad. We both had the same goals and plans for our lives. We were engaged in February 1999. We got married June 3, 2000. His kisses still make my heart flutter.


So, in honor of our 9 years together, here are things to be thankful for about our lives together

9 jobs/businesses we've had between the two of us
8 times (at least) one of us has wished the other one wasn't so stubborn :)
7 cars/trucks we've driven
6 - June, the month of our anniversary and my birthday, both of which Kevin always remembers
5 years I've fallen more in love with him than before, watching him be a father
4 cameras to capture all life's moments
3 different houses we've raised our family in
2 gorgeous children
1 lifetime commitment
Happy 9th anniversary honey! Here's to 99 more!

4 comments :

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

Congrats guys. And nice glasses in the first pic. Those were totally sweet.

J.J. said...

Those are some pretty sweet glasses :)

Seriously, Happy anniversary to you two. That is such a beautiful post. Your weeding photos are gorgeous, and you both look the same!
Not bad for 9 years and 2 kids later.

Happy birthday to my been married 9 years buddy!

Life with the LaBlue's said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!

Y'all try not to have TOOOOO much fun tonight!! (wink, wink)

Unknown said...

Congrats again. I saw the 'glasses' picture when we were there and I'm thinking "how fashionable". ;}