Tuesday, June 23, 2009

It's Pinkaliscious!

I know I promised this post weeks ago, but I had to wait patiently for hubby to have a break from work, when kids weren't napping, that he could hang the paintings on the wall.

I had told Beth that we would paint her room first. Finally, a Saturday when we didn't have anything going on. Kevin kept Jacob out of our way all day (thank you honey!). Right after breakfast, we got dressed and off to the hardware store to get the paint supplies. Beth was super excited (and I was too). Since I had used Friday night to do all the prep work, we got right to painting once we got home. Beth had so much fun! She was concerned that the paint didn't look very dark. Once it dried, she was happier. She was also pretty sad that she couldn't help with the light pink on the top, but I didn't like the idea of her on a ladder with paint.
Finally, the pink was finished. Now, we had to get the green loops painted. Plus, we had to get the room put back together that night before Kevin headed out of town. Oh my!
Kevin was such a huge help once the kids were in bed. Those loops were hard to do and certainly not a job for just one person. A few touch ups, then we were finally putting the room back together about 1am. We were worn out! But, it was gorgeous! Beth was so excited to see her room- she called it Pinkaliscious!
Here's the wall with the canvas paintings, including the custom one that I won. I think I'm going to attach a ribbon to the one Misty painted. I just love the way they all look together, absolutely perfect! (Forgive the lack of flash- I didn't realize it was turned off).



I think we'll save painting Jacob's room for when he gets a big-boy bed. And, Kevin said Jacob's room would just be one color :)

5 comments :

Unknown said...

Definitely pink. definitely Beth!

jamielblev said...

Super cute! I love it!

J.J. said...

That is so cute! I love the loops. I want to see them close up to see more detail of your craftiness!!!!!

Lucky girl!

Colleen said...

that is beautiful.... WOW! I just love it and love the colors too!

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

Hey Laura! Glad the room is finally complete! I bet Miss Beth is soooo happy. It looks awesome, and I LOVE the loops!!! Glad the painting worked out for ya. The room looks fabulously pinkaliscious!

~Misti