Monday, August 10, 2009

The countdown

The supplies are all bought. We'll take them to orientation on Friday.
The uniforms are bought. I'll get them ironed this week. I need to make a couple bows.
New undies. Check. New shoes. Check. Backpack and lunch kit. Check.

Today, we started preparing by having Beth's alarm set. She got up, turned it off and jumped to check her calendar. 7 days until kindergarten.

She's super excited. She already has her first day outfit picked out. I'm a mix of emotions- excited, nervous, sad. Beth has been with me, except for the one school year I taught when she was little. She didn't go to mother's day out or preschool. Our days are going to be so different. At least we get her back after lunch. :) We're going to spend this week soaking up lots of fun.

7 comments :

jamielblev said...

Is she only doing 1/2 day kindergarten? Shelby starts in 2 weeks and she'll go 8:30-3:30. Seems like such a long day!

Laura said...

Yup, she's only doing 1/2 day. She'll stay for lunch and recess, then I'll pick her up. It's fantastic!

Angie said...

Scary to let them go. We have until Labor Day and I'm in denial. He's totally excited.

Lindsey said...

Aww..that is so great that she is so excited for school!

J.J. said...

We still got so excited getting the kids ready for school. I just about cried getting their school supplies all labeled and put in their boxes. I am a sappy Mommy. I can't wait to hear about her adventures!

I love the new blog design too! I love the colors!

Unknown said...

It will be a great day! I told her I would call her that evening to talk about the first day.

yaya said...

You are such a good mommy. I love you