This year's theme was "Life is not a bowl of cherries" (sometimes you get the pitts). It also had an old-home feel of decorations and activities, returning to when women took care of the home in every aspect. No, I'm not inspired to spin my own cotton to make clothes with. But, the team went all out with trailers full of decorations to make the theme up right. This lady on the stage was in full time-warp mode, talking about how things were done way back when, all while she spun wool.
- Bend your knees before He breaks them. Submit with a gentle bow.
- What is keeping me from God's promise of abundance? John 10:10 talks about having life abundantly
- What is MY sacrifice for Him?
- God already has in me what I need in order to serve Him. I just need to do it. I Corinthians 1:27- I have no excuses! Acts 13:36- David served his generation- I need to do the same in mine.
- In order for my life to bear fruit, I have to overcome fear of failure and humiliation.
- Revelation 12:12- Satan already knows his time his short, and he's gonna work to do everything he can to keep us from God.
- Have I considered God's will for my children vs. my hope for them?
- Don't allow fear of the world to remove the wisdom of God's Word.
I really enjoyed the quick trip away to learn and grow in God and friendships. I am already looking forward to next year and hoping my mom will come along.
If you are curious about this God I yearn to serve better, please ask me. I'm happy to tell you about the joy in my life because of Him. I'm even more excited to tell you about the joy I have in knowing, without a shadow of a doubt, where I'll spend eternity when I die. I want you to know where you'll be too. Yes, know, not hope or think you'll be.