Casey, my sister, tagged me for this "award". Hey, why not!
The rules are as follows:
1) Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
2) Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with "Honest Scrap." Well, there's no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon.
3) List at least 10 honest things about yourself.
And the 10 things you always wanted to know are...
1. I procrastinate a lot. Like right now, I should be doing chores and laudry, preparing for our trip, but I'm here. Yup.
2. I enjoy math. Go ahead and say it, I am a nerd. When I was in elementary/middle school, I would make up math tests to take. When I took my teaching exam, I was bored and falling asleep until I got to the math part. Woohoo!
3. We're finally going to church again as a family. I love it! I'm cautious to say how much I enjoy going, just in case something happens to change that.
4. I'm not happy that Obama is our President. I think he was elected because of his race more than his merit. I hate the hype around him. I really hate that things like Ike recovery has been ignored in place of stupid stories about Obama. Do we really care that he's getting his kids a puppy? Does it have to make front page news? He wasn't even elected yet, and there was a children's book out. Ok, I'm going to stop as this could take the entire post. I think you get the idea. I will pray for wisdom and guidance for President Obama. God is still in control!
5. Naptime and bedtime are my favorite times of day, when all is quiet.
6. I want to lose about 10 pounds. I want a smokin hot body. But, I really like eating and I don't like exercise. I guess my chocolate stash isn't helping this process.
7. I was a VERY sheltered child. It used to bother me. Now, as a parent, I totally understand why Mom said "no" to so many things (and yes, I say "no" to many of the same things for the same reasons). My husand can't believe some of the things I wasn't allowed to do. Let's see, rated R movies at 17, and even then it was questionable. I wasn't allowed to read Judy Blume books. Tv shows, oh man, no Full House, Punky Brewster, Simpsons, Smurfs... I started public school in 8th grade and was humilated MANY times because I wore dresses and anything else kids can possibly make fun of. I was only allowed to listen to Christian music and Oldies (like 50s and 60s). I didn't have a tv in my room until I was out of high school, and I had to buy it from my dad. And Casey thinks she had it bad- hah!
8. I'm proud of my parents. They've been married almost 33 years. They still love each other and enjoy each other. I have never seen them argue. They are a great example for me. They are fabulous grandparents and love to get down to play with my kids.
9. I love my sister, though I want to smack her upside the head most of the time. The older she gets, the more I like her. I bet when she eventually has kids, we'll even be friends.
10. I want to be a better wife and mother. I want to find the joy in every moment of my life, even the trying ones. I want to create a fun home, full of creativity and life. But, I want it to be clean too.
A blog I spent 4 hours reading last night, through tears and laughter, leaving me inspired- NieNie
People I want to be like and be IRL friends with- Brittney
People I want to know better- Kheli
People who's answers I look forward to reading- Erica, Lindsey
People who need to update- Bryan, Pam